ARTIST Irene Willard
It is beautiful to read in Genesis.
Half French half-polish living in Italy. A talented photographer whose works have been exhibited in many European countries.
Irena Iris Willard is a young Franco-Polish photographer born in Paris. She is a self-taught photographer. She graduated in Cultural Heritage at the University of Paris XI. Irena Iris has participated in many exhibitions, but she is an autodidact photographer who began to present her photographies after the terrorist attacks on Paris. Less the one month after the terrorist attacks, she organised an exhibition to show that “Paris will always be the city of Light”. After the success of the exhibiton, she was invited to present other pictures of Paris in the Museum of the City of Rimini alla Nuova. The serie “the Renaissance of Paris “ connecting photography and painting. She was then invited by the art director of the MedPhotoFest to partecipate in the Festival with a serie of pictures about Light. Other pictures were presented during a personal exhibition in the Embassy Art Gallery in Rimini.
Self taught photographer and painter
Master in Cultural Heritage, Paris XI University
• Zari Art gallery, Oxford Circus, 4th-31th July
20-22 Art Fair January 2018 Artrooms Art Fair London, Melia White House Hotel.
• January 2018: First Price Project Art at Artrooms, International Contemporary Art fair, London, UK
• May-June-July 2017 exhibition at the Augeo Art Space Rimini
• November 2017 Exhibition Imago, Art Gallery of the Biblioteca Angelica, Rome
• March 2017 Exhibition “Reflections, Riflessioni”, Istituto Portoghese di Sant’ Antonio, Rome, Italy.
• December 2016-january 2017 Personal exhibition “Metamorphosis of Light”, Embassy Gallery, Rimini
• May 2016 Personal exhibition “Light” during the professional photography festival Medphotofest, Sicily. with the support of the Italian Ministry of Culture
• June 2016 exhibition during the Festival Interazioni Rimini
•2015 Fiera di arte contemporanea, Forli, Italy
• December 2015 Exibition at the Museum of the City, Rimini
Photographs of a talented artist that show the timelessness of the book of Genesis, from the Holy Bible. Two different women from distant ages are reading a book that is still mysterious, valuable and unusual for them.
When we look at women read in Gensis, we realize that we should always follow the word of God and listen to the Bible and God’s voice.